I’ve really loved how down to earth Rebecca’s Christmas recipes have been. They’re simple and something that you can do with little children across the festive period.
You can see Rebecca’s other guest posts: Ginger and Fudge Cupcakes and Star-topped Mince Pies
I love the way these turned out and how creative you can be with them. It’s completely up to you how you decide to decorate them. I went quite simple but there are endless possibilities:
250g plain flour
200g golden syrup
1 tsp ground ginger
8 glace cherries, cut in half
30 chocolate drops
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the biscuit, melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pan.
- Add this to the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut out using gingerbread men cutters
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from tray to leave to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually a small amount of water until a thick pipable paste is achieved
- Turn the biscuits upside down and pipe antlers, ears and a dot for each eye and nose
- Stick the cherry for the nose and chocolate drops for the eyes and leave to set.